- A toothache or tooth pain is caused when the nerve in the root of a tooth or surrounding a tooth is irritated.
- Common causes of tooth pain are dental (tooth) infection, gum infection, accident, fracture of the tooth .
- Pain sometimes originates from other areas and radiates to the jaw, thus appearing to be tooth pain. The most common areas include the jaw joint (temporomandibular joint or TMJ), ear pain, sinuses, and even heart problems.
Avoid tooth pain
- Maintain good oral hygiene by practicing
1. Twice tooth brushing
2. Regular antibacterial mouth rinses
3. Mechanical flossing
- Regular dental health check-ups 6 months once
- Regular preventive dental treatments such as tooth cleaning, gum cleaning, fluoride treatments for teeth etc
Reduce tooth pain
- regular salt water rinse and cold compress application reduces mild tooth pain. Peppermint tea bags can be used to numb pain and soothe sensitive gums.
- Apply garlic clove paste to the affected area.
- Clove oil can effectively numb pain and reduce inflammation
- Wheatgrass mouthrinse relieve inflammation in your mouth
- Serious tooth pain needs immediate dental visit
Services offered at AMARA DENTAL for treatment of dental pain
- will first review your medical history and conduct an exam
- will ask specific questions about your toothache, including when it started, where it is located, how severe it is, what makes it feel worse and what makes it feel better.
- will examine your gums, teeth and any other relevant areas.
- Will advise X-rays and/or other tests needed to determine the exact cause of the problem.
- Once the cause is determined, we will outline available treatment options such as laser filling, laser root canal treatment, laser sulcular debridement, laser desensitisation etc…